Goddess of wisdom
Athena is a native of the planet Caltos.
She is the goddess of wisdom.
She often communicates with Queen Hippolyta of Paradise Island on Earth. Years ago she instructed the Queen to mold a young girl out of clay. This statue would later grow into a young woman and become Wonder Woman.
In Greek mythology, Athena is the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill.
Legend has it that she leaped from Zeus' head already adult, dressed with her armor.
Athena and her uncle Poseidon were both very fond of a city in Greece. Both of them claimed the city and it was decided that the one that could give the finest gift should have it. Leading a procession of citizens, the two gods mounted the Acropolis. Poseidon struck the side of the cliff with his trident and a spring welled up. The people marveled, but the water was as salty as Poseidon's sea and it was not very useful. Athena's gift was an olive tree, which was better because it gave the people food, oil and wood. Athena named her city Athens.
Her Roman counterpart was Minerva.
- Season 1: The Power Pirate (referenced only)
- Season 1: Too Hot to Handle (referenced only)
- Season 3: Secret Origins of the Superfriends
- Season 5: The Bride of Darkseid (Part One) (referred to as Minerva)
- Season 6: The Case of the Stolen Super Powers (referred to as Minerva)