- You may be looking for the Batgirl Disambiguation Page.
|Real name:||Barbara Gordon|
|Relatives:||James Gordon (father)|
|Voiced/Played:|| Jane Webb|
In the parallel-universe of Earth-One, Barbara "Babs" Gordon, is a librarian by day, and a spirited crimefighter by night. She occasionally partners with Robin, or her boyfriend Jason Bard, a Vietnam War veteran with a chronic knee injury who is a private detective. Eventually Barbara reveals her secret identity to her father (who had already discovered it on his own). In 1972, she moved to Washington, D.C., wanting to serve as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives intending to give up her career as Batgirl. However, soon after, she eventually puts the mask back on and teams up with Superman for a few years. By 1975 she was back in Gotham City teaming up with Robin and Batwoman. She would stay in Gotham for the rest of the decade.
Continuity from The Batman/Superman Hour (1968-1969)
Continuity from The New Adventures of Batman (1977)
In this series Barbara now works as Assistant District Attorney for Gotham City. Batman and Robin are also aware of her dual-identity.
Filmation series: The Batman/Superman Hour
As a Wax Figure in late 1975:
- Batgirl never appeared on the series. She only appeared in the two Batman Filmation series. She did however appear as a wax-figure in the SuperFriends comic book: Limited Collectors' Edition #C-41 (December 1975 / January 1976), confirming her existence in the SuperFriends Universe.
- Batgirl first appeared in Detective Comics vol.1, #359 (cover-dated January 1967, but released in November 1966).
- This second version of Batgirl was introduced by Gardner Fox and Carmine Infantino.
- She made her first animated appearance in Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder in 1968 and was also adapted into its successor animated program The New Adventures of Batman in 1977.
- See Batgirl at the Wikipedia.org
- See Barbara Gordon at the Wikipedia.org
- Television Obscurities - Batgirl and the Batman Phenomenon
- Barbara Gordon in The Batman
- Yvonne Craig as Batgirl in a Public Service Announcement for the U.S. Department of Labor
- See Barbara Gordon at the Grand Comic Book Database (GCD)
- See Barbara Gordon at ComicBookDB.com
- Batgirl (BTAS Bio) at the World's Finest
Appearances in Other Media
- ↑ In the Earth-One continuity, James Gordon is the adopted father and actually uncle by blood relation. It is possible that the same is the case in the Earth-1A universe. In fact, in the Season 6 episode The Fear, Dick Grayson mentioned that the commissioner's niece wanted to dance with him, and although she was never revealed to be Babs, it's very possible that's who he was referencing. To my knowledge though, there's never been any episode that states she is his niece, so it's just left to speculation.
- ↑ Jane Webb provided the voice of the character on the English version of Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder.
- ↑ Dania Cericola provided the voice of Batgirl on the Spanish dub of The Adventures of Batman and The New Adventures of Batman.
- ↑ Melindy Britt provided the voice of the character on the English version of The New Adventures of Batman.
- ↑ Mika Doi provided the voice of Batgirl on the Japanese dub of The New Adventures of Batman.
- ↑ Masumi Miyazaki provided the voice of Batgirl on an alternate Japanese dub of The New Adventures of Batman.
- ↑ Background Information is from Earth-One continuity.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Detective Comics vol.1, #359