SuperFriends Team Member
|Real name:||not known|
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
|Voiced by:||Buster Jones|
Black Vulcan is a superhero with the ability to control lightning. He can also travel at the speed of light and beyond, allowing him to break the time barrier, and travel through time. He's also a member of the Justice League of America.
Nothing is know about Black Vulcan's origin.
Continuity from the William Street Universe
In the William Street Universe, a counterpart of Black Vulcan exists.
Powers & Abilities
- Transformation: He can transform his whole body, or half of his body into lightning.
- Flight: He can turn himself into a living lightning bolt in order to travel through the sky
- Superhuman Speed: He can turn himself into a living lightning bolt in order to travel at the speed of light
- Electrokinesis: He can control electricity in multiple ways.
- Energy bolts: He can also generate lightning bolts from his hands as energy bolts
- Force field: He can also generate lightning bolts from his hands as force fields
- Time travel: He can travel back in time by fluctuating his body's energy
SuperFriends Team Members
- As originally depicted, Black Vulcan's costume had the super-hero equivalent of pants, but in later episodes his legs are bare.
- Black Vulcan was created to replace an already existing hero named Black Lightning when legal reasons with Black Lightning's creator, Tony Isabella and DC, prevented the character from being used.
- The character of Black Vulcan was created by Hanna-Barbera Productions and is unique to the continuity of the Super Friends television series.
- Black Vulcan made his first DC Comics appearance in DC One Million 80 Page Giant # 1,000,000 (August 1999).
Black Vulcan was a take off on Black Lightning, a character who already existed in the DC Comics Universe. Apparently there were challenges with the creator of Black Lightning, so Black Vulcan was invented.
When Black Lightning wasn't generating electricity through his body, he was a high school teacher and former Olympic decathlete. Jefferson Pierce returned to his old neighborhood in the Southside (Suicide Slum) of the city of Metropolis, with his wife Lynn Stewart and his daughter Anissa to become the principal of Garfield High School. Black Lightning debuted in Black Lightning vol.1, #1 (April 1977), and was created by Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eeden.
- Black Vulcan at Seanbaby's Super Friends Page
- Black Vulcan vs Black Lightning
- Black Vulcan at Black SuperHero Blog
- Black Vulcan at wikipedia.org