- You may be looking for Batman (SuperPowers Figure).
- You may be looking for Batman from the Universe of Evil.
SuperFriends Team Member
|Real name:||Bruce Wayne|
|AKA:||The Guardian of Gotham City|
|Relatives:|| Thomas Wayne (father) |
Martha Wayne (mother)
|Base:|| Hall of Justice|
|Voiced by:|| Season 1-4: Olan Soule |
Season 5-6: Adam West
One day, when Bruce was about 8 years old, he went to go see the movie Robin Hood at a movie theater on Park Row. Bruce really enjoyed the film, and when they left the theater, it started to rain, so they decided to take a short cut through an alley, that would eventually be referred to as "Crime Alley." It was dark, and Bruce was afraid, but he followed his parents anyway, only to be confronted by a mugger with a gun. He attempted to rob them, but the Waynes resisted and were shot dead, leaving young Bruce alive to witness the horror. Bruce now lost his parents, and aside from the family butler, Alfred Pennyworth, he was alone in the world. The young child developed a strong anger toward the evil that had happened to him, and so from that point on, he made a vow that he would fight such evil for the rest of his life.
The Caped CrusaderEdit
As he grew older, Bruce assumed the mantle of chairman and CEO of Wayne Enterprises.
Over the next several years, Bruce went through training. He pushed himself to the limit and beyond, building his body so that he could battle evil. During this time Harvey Harris was a mentor to young Bruce, training him in the the art of criminal detection. Bruce began to realize that he would need a disguise so that he could fight injustice and retain his anonymity, but what? Then, like an omen, and bat flew through a window in Wayne Manor, and it was then he came up with the idea to become a masked crimefighter: Batman, the Dark Knight to strike fear into the hearts of all evil men!
Eventually, Batman recruits Robin, the Boy Wonder, and in the Gotham City Police Department, he makes a friend with Commissioner James Gordon. And over the course of his crime fighting career he makes many enemies, including Joker, The Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Scarecrow.
It is not long before Batman helps found the Justice League of America.
Batman, though considered a "superhero," has no enhanced abilities or special powers. However due to extensive and intensive training, Batman does possess beyond normal strength, speed and agility. He is also an expert in the sciences, technology, martial arts, and many other disciplines.
Batman's true powers come from his superior leadership abilities and his Sherlock Holmes like deduction/reasoning ablities.
Those akin to a normal, mortal, human.
Batman's Batcomputer is capable of running test on clues, and many other things.
Batman’s Utility Belt had compartments to hold several bat-devices, including (but not limited to):
Batman uses several vehicles:
- All-Terrain Bat-Vehicle
- Whirly Bat
Batman's popular catchphraseEdit
- "Great Gotham!"
SuperFriends Team MembersEdit
|Members of the Justice League of America|
|SuperFriends Founding Members:|
|Superman • Batman • Wonder Woman • Aquaman • Hawkman • Samurai • Green Lantern • Flash • Black Vulcan|
|Hawkgirl • Apache Chief • El Dorado • Atom • Green Arrow • Plastic Man • Rima|
|Comic Book Team Members:|
|Black Canary • Elongated Man • Red Tornado|
| Robin • Cyborg • Firestorm |
Zan • Jayna
Marvin White • Wendy Harris
|Gleek • Wonder Dog|
|Other Known Justice Leaguers:|
|The Huntress • Black Orchid • Captain Marvel • Mary Marvel • Supergirl • Green Fury|
Batman Action FiguresEditIn 1984 the Super Powers collection was launched and one of the first figures released was a Batman figure. He as depicted as wearing his Super Friends gray and blue costume with a black and yellow Bat symbol on his chest. He also featured blue gauntlets blue boots and a blue cowl. His sole accessory was unique, removable blue cloth cape. Like many other action figures n this line the Batman action figure would produce a Superpower when his legs were squeezed together. Batman's motion was a Bat Punch. A Robin action figure and a Batmobile were later produced.
- A bit of a nitpick: Batman's origin is explored in a Super Powers episode entitled The Fear. Robin is ignorant of the fact that Bruce Wayne's parents died in Crime Alley. This is against all levels of continuity because they have been partners for so long. This marks the first time that Batman's origin was explored on film. A bat even flies into Wayne's window which acts as his inspiration just like in the comics.
- Batman first appeared in publications by DC Comics in Detective Comics Vol. 1, #27 in May 1939.
- Batman is co-created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger (although only Kane receives official credit).
- Batman is originally referred to as the Bat-Man and still referred to at times as ‘the’ Batman.
- Two different actors lent their voice talents to the role of Batman. Olan Soule provided the voice for Batman in the first 4 seasons of Super Friends. Then actor Adam West, who also played Batman in the live-action 1966 television series provided the voice for Batman in The New Adventures of Batman as well as the final 2 seasons of the Super Friends series.
- Adam West has remained very connected to the Batman lore even after staring as the Caped Crusader himself in the 60's Batman tv series by making guest appearances in the various animated Batman series. In Batman: The Animated Series as The Gray Ghost. West later had a recurring role as the voice of Mayor Grange in the Kids WB animated series The Batman . And now West is set to return as Thomas Wayne in the original batsuit in the upcoming episode "Chill of the Night" on Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- Check out the Official Batman Site at the DC Universe web site.
- The Batman disambiguation page at DC Database
- The Batman disambiguation page at DCAU
- For more on Batman see article at Wikipedia
- Go to the Batman Wiki for all things Batman.
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
- ↑ This is probably referring to, The Adventures of Robin Hood released in 1938 and directed by Michael Curtiz and William Keighley.
- ↑ This street is never actually called, Park Row on the SuperFriends TV Show.
- ↑ As explained in the SuperFriends comic book, issue #1
- ↑ As explained in the Season 6: episode, The Fear.
- ↑ Much of this back story is depicted in the Filmation series: The Batman/Superman Hour (1968-1969).
- ↑ Go to DC Database for more on Detective Comics Vol. 1, #27