This article is a stub.
|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real name:||Bernal Rojas|
|Universe:|| Earth-1A |
Global Guardians Team Member
Bernal Rojas was a renowned herpetologist from Caracas, Venezuela. After he invented a special Cyber-Suit, with gadgets that mimic the abilities of reptiles, past and present; he becomes a costumed superhero known as the Bushmaster. In this role he protects his home country from evil. It is not long before he becomes a founding member of the international superhero team, the Global Guardians.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
On the parallel-universe of Earth-One, during the summer of 1982, he is seen in Paris, France, assisting the Global Guardian teammates against a horde of Apellaxian aliens. Along with other Global Guardians, he is brainwashed by the Queen Bee of Bialya.
While under the will of the Queen Bee, he and his team travel to the French embassy of Justice League International. The Queen, in an attempt to raise positive public perception for her brainwashed team, sends a robot, created by a member of the Dominators to attack both teams. The entire team ends up escaping the influence of the Queen Bee, thanks to the influence of rogue Justice League members.
Bushmaster was shot and killed by Bank Robbers while under attack by Fain Y`Onia.
- Cyber-Suit provides in seconds, various reptilian abilities, including:
- Technological Shield: This shield can snap open in a moment.
Super Friends comics (1976-1981):
- The Bushmaster was originally introduced in the continuity of the SuperFriends Universe Earth-1A.
- He first appeared in the SuperFriends comic book series issue #8 (November, 1977).
- He was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon.
- He was outside of standard Earth-One continuity at the time.
- ↑ Herpetology is the branch of zoology concerned with the study of amphibians (including the frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, and gymnophionae) and of reptiles (including snakes, lizards, amphisbaenids, turtles, terrapins, tortoises, crocodilians, and the tuataras).
- ↑ As revealed in the SuperFriends ComicBook, issue #8 (November, 1977)