|Real name:||Garfield Logan|
|Relatives:|| Steve Dayton (adopted father)|
Rita Farr (adopted mother)
|Affiliations:|| Doom Patrol (formerly)|
|Abilities:||Shapeshifting into Animals|
On the parallel-universe of Earth-One, Garfield Mark "Gar" Logan, was known as Beast Boy or Changeling. As a child, Garfield contracted with a rare illness called Sakutia and was cured by a serum from a green monkey. This serum had the unintended effect of turning his skin and hair green and gave him the ability to change into any form.
Sadly, his parents die in a boating accident, which to this day, Garfield believes he could have prevented. Garfield is left under the care of a court-appointed guardian, the soon-to-be-despised Nicholas Galtry.
As young Logan enters his teens, he allies himself with the super-hero team, the Doom Patrol. He begins wearing one of their uniforms (with the addition of a full-head purple mask, bearing a black—and sometimes yellow—swath across the middle of the face, to conceal his true identity) and taking the name Beast Boy.
He later joined the West Coast branch of the Teen Titans (known as Titans West). It was at this time that he took the name Changeling. He remained with various incarnations of the team, forming a close friendship with Cyborg.
Powers and Abilities
- Terrestrial Metamorph: Metamorphic ability to transform into any animal.
- Animal Mimicry: Beast Boy has the power to mimic the abilities of any animal he knows of while he's in their form.
- Normal Human Strength: Average in his human form. Varies from animal to animal.
- Changeling first appears in Doom Patrol, Vol. 1 #99 (November 1965).
- Changeling was created by Arnold Drake and Bob Brown.