Legion of Doom Team Member
|Real name:||Priscilla Rich|
|Relatives:||Deborah Domaine (niece)|
|Base:||Hall of Doom|
|Affiliations:|| League of Evil|
Legion of Doom
|Rogue of:||Wonder Woman|
|Played by:|| Marlene Aragon|
On the parallel-universe of Earth-Two, Priscilla Rich was a blonde Washington, D.C. debutante of aristocratic upbringing. Priscilla's life of privilege had bred an overwhelming inferiority complex. She eventually suffered a psychotic break after being eclipsed by Wonder Woman at a charity event. Priscilla retreated to her room and collapsed before her makeup mirror. There she saw an image of a woman dressed like a cheetah. "Horrors!" she cried, as she gazed at her evil inner self for the first time. "Don't you know me?" replied the reflection. "I am the REAL you — the Cheetah — a treacherous, relentless huntress!" The image commanded her to fashion a Cheetah costume. The refection went on to tell her that "From now on, when I command you, you shall go forth dressed like your TRUE self and do as I command you..." This second personality, unlike her more reserved self, was strong and violent. It poisoned Priscilla's mind, eventually turning her into a twisted, malevolent being.
- Master Combatant
- Sharp Claws: Can pierce through metal
- Acrobatics: Skilled Gymnast
- Dancing: The Cheetah was a masterful dancer and once impressed Wonder Woman, Etta Candy and her slave girls with the "Dance of the Cheetah". Wonder Woman, in a vain act to appeal to the Cheetah's better nature, applauded her ability, citing that her skill could attract millions of admirers.
Legion of Doom Team Members
- Unlike her counterpart in the comic books, the Cheetah in the Superfriends episodes seems to be something other than an ordinary woman. In "Wanted: the Superfriends" Luthor creates multiple copies of Bizarro and Cheetah from ordinary people with his Mutation Device (implying that she is a mutant (as DC would put it, a "metahuman")). However, compare this to "Secret Origins of the Superfriends" where she needs the Legion's "radar-controlled bracelets" to overcome Diana. (Note that the latter episode refers to Cheetah's "cat-like skills" while showing her winning a contest on the parallel bars.)
- Cheetah first appeared in Wonder Woman, Vol. 1 #6 (Fall, 1943)
- Cheetah was created by Wonder Woman creator William Moulton Marston.
- There have been four different Cheetahs since the character's premiere:
- ↑ This is her real name on Earth-Two. Her real name was not mentioned in the series. Her Earth-One counterpart was succeeded by her niece, Deborah Domaine.
- ↑ Marlene Aragon provided the voice of Cheetah throughout the entire Super Friends series.
- ↑ Blaze Berdahl provided the voice of the Earth-508 version of Cheetah.
- ↑ Clare Grant provided the voice of a parody version of Cheetah in Robot Chicken.
- ↑ This version of Cheetah is based on the Golden Age version.
- ↑ As revealed in Sensation Comics, Vol. 1 #22 (October, 1943), which can be found at the DC Database.
- ↑ Go to DC Database for more on Wonder Woman, Vol. 1 #6 published in Fall, 1943.