The Chemo-Creature was an ant that was subjected to nuclear radiation as an experiment to accelerate growth. Once it was subjected to the radiation it grew to the size of a human and caused chaos all over the Central City countryside. The Flash grounded it using metal cable, which drained the residual energy out of it, reverting it back to an ordinary ant.
Powers and Abilities
- Giant Ant Form: Nuclear radiation overdosed the Chemo-Creature's growth cells, causing it to grow to a giant radioactive monster.
- Chemical Manipulation: The nuclear energy within the creature gave it the ability to create chemical effect at will, such as its' toxikinetic gas. It could also spit a green colored chemical which would harden around its' prey, becoming harder than rock and encasing them in it, thus trapping them.
- Superhuman Strength: Obviously the creature is strong for an ant, but it was even stronger than a human, able to smash through a wall with ease.
- Superhuman Durability: The creature was able to withstand blows from Flash which were delivered at super speed, without sustaining any serious injury.
- Superhuman Speed: The creature is incredibly fast, although not quite as fast as the Flash, it was still several times faster than a human.
- Toxikinesis: The creature had the ability to exhale a green toxic gas.
- Energy Projection: Chemo-Creature's body is nuclear, which contains a mass of raw energy. That energy could be directed in a couple of ways, by shooting blinding lights from its' eyes and firing destructive bolts of energy from its' antennae. The creature also was constantly projecting radiation from its' entire body.
- Steel: the alloy known as steel is capable of draining the ant's nuclear powers, thus returning him to normal size. The Flash tied the creature up with steel cables in order to drain the creature, and that was how he defeated him.
The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (1967 to 1968):