Crime is a term used to describe illegal actions taken by certain individuals or groups of people, that are in violation of the law. People who commit crimes are referred to as criminals. During Bruce Wayne's studies of criminal psychology, he learned that criminals were in general a superstitious "cowardly lot." Small-time criminals are often referred to as thugs, hoodlums, and many other names. Some of the most dangerous criminals are known as supervillains. Men who fight crime are called Crimefighters. This refers to Superheroes and Law Enforcement officers.
Batman could be considered a criminal, as he was and still is viewed by some as a vigilante. This view is not nearly as popular as it was before, since Batman and Robin both are considered agents of the law in the Justice League, and therefore most people do not view him as a vigilante, but rather a costumed crimefighter.
List of crimes
- Street racing
- Disorderly conduct
- Space travel (Krypton only)
- Vehicular manslaughter
More coming soon!!
Punishment for crimes
- Community service
- Death penalty
Names often given to people who commit or are believed to commit crimes
- Assassin: A gun for hire. Someone who kills for money.
- Defendant: A term used for people accused of a crime in the context of a trial in a courtroom.
- Supervillain: A term used to describe "high-class" criminals. Most of them have super powers, although not always.
- Thug: A term used to describe common criminals, who are usually henchmen.
- Crook: A term used for low-level, small time criminals.
Organized crime and other criminal organizations
- ↑ As seen in The Case of the Stolen Super Powers.
- ↑ As seen in Merlin's Magic Marbles.
- ↑ As told in The Fear.
- ↑ Trespassing is technically not considered a crime, but it is a very minor offense.
- ↑ Space travel was considered illegal on Krypton, because it was against their law.