Junior SuperFriends Team Member
|Real name:||Victor Stone|
|Relatives:|| Silas Stone (father, deceased)|
Elinore Stone (mother, deceased)
|Base:||The New Hall of Justice|
|Affiliations:|| Teen Titans |
Super Powers Team
|Voiced by:||Ernie Hudson|
Cyborg is a superhero and a member of the Super Powers Team. He has cybernetic implants that increase his strength, and a "sound blaster," capable of generating high pitched sound for use as a weapon.
|“||Cyborgs life has not been easy. This medical journal tells his story. He was once Victor Stone, a promising decathlon athlete until; a terrible accident damaged most of his body. Fortunately, Vic's father was a cybernetics genius. He saved his son's life by replacing Vic's injuries with robotic components. Since then, Vics been known as Cyborg!||”|
— Professor Martin Stein to Ronald Raymond
Unfortunately, he despised his new cybernetic appearance and aside from a brief stay with the Teen Titans in 1983, he mostly kept out of the public eye, and soon began working at a special school for disabled children.
Superman had asked him on a number of occasions, to join the Super Powers Team. On one occasion, after capturing Lex Luthor, Superman stated that anyone who could single handedly capture Luthor would be a very welcome addition to the team. Still Cyborg had no desire to join and remained insistent that he wanted to fly solo.
Eventually though, Cyborg started to develop a real friendship with Firestorm, and finally, after helping the team stop Darkseid's plot to take over Earth, and being formally asked by Batman, Cyborg finally decides that he was meant to join the team all along.
Even though Cyborg hated Apokolips, he went back multiple times to help the team fight Darkseid and his forces.
His ability to interface with a computer has been very helpful to the team on a number of occasions.
Victor Stone is the son of Silas and Elinore Stone, a pair of scientists who work at S.T.A.R. Labs. One day while visiting his parents at the lab, an experiment in dimensional travel went horribly awry when a massive gelatinous monster crossed over an experimental portal and killed Elinore. The creature then turned on Victor and severely mutilated him before Silas managed to force the creature back through the portal. Not long after the attack, Silas was able to outfit his son with experimental prosthetic's of his own design. However, the equipment could not be worn inconspicuously, and thus Victor was horrified to see much of his body, including part of his face, replaced with sheer metallic limbs and implants.
Powers and Abilities
- Body Resistance: The nature of Cyborg's body provides him with natural body armor offering resistance vs. physical damage and resistance vs. energy attacks
- Cyborg possesses cybernetic enhancements that provide:
SuperFriends Team Members
|Members of the Justice League of America|
|SuperFriends Founding Members:|
|Superman • Batman • Wonder Woman • Aquaman • Hawkman • Samurai • Green Lantern • Flash • Black Vulcan|
|Hawkgirl • Apache Chief • El Dorado • Atom • Green Arrow • Plastic Man • Rima|
|Comic Book Team Members:|
|Black Canary • Elongated Man • Red Tornado|
| Robin • Cyborg • Firestorm |
Zan • Jayna
Marvin White • Wendy Harris
|Gleek • Wonder Dog|
|Other Known Justice Leaguers:|
|The Huntress • Black Orchid • Captain Marvel • Mary Marvel • Supergirl • Green Fury|
- Cyborg was created by writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Pérez.
- He first appears in DC Comics Presents vol. 1, #26 (October 1980).
- In this comic book series, Cyborg was a member of the New Teen Titans, and often worked alongside Robin. On the SuperFriends they did not appear to share a history with one another. Although they might have known each other, since Cyborg was shown to be a member of the Teen Titans in the Anti-drug commercial. But Robin wasn't present. Still, Robin was a member at some point or another as was mentioned in Super Friends # 1.
Season 6 (1985):
- The Seeds of Doom
- The Ghost Ship
- The Bizarro Super Powers Team
- The Darkseid Deception
- The Wild Cards
- Brain Child
- The Death of Superman
- Cyborg at wikipedia.org
- See the Cyborg disambiguation page at the DC Database
- Titans Tower biography
- Cyborg's description on the animated series
Appearances in Other Media