|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real Name||Arthur Light|
Doctor Light is a supervillain who uses light powers.
Light took the suit and the "Doctor Light" codename, using them for selfish, criminal means. He has been periodically haunted by Finlay's ghost through the years, but could use the light generated by the suit to drive off this spirit.
Doctor Light was a minor but persistent foe for a number of heroes. He first fought the Justice League and, after he failed to defeat that group, fought their former sidekicks, the Teen Titans. He was also notably beaten by a solo Hal Jordan not long after his defeat by the JLA.
Powers and Abilities
- Justice League of America Vol. 1, #61 (March 1968)
- SuperFriends Comic Book (1976-1981) issue: Limited Collectors' Edition #C-41 (December 1975 / January 1976)
- Doctor Light first appeared in Justice League of America, Vol. 1 #12 (June, 1962).
- He was created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky.
- Arthur Light is the third individual to have adopted the persona of Doctor Light, after a Golden Age foe of Doctor Mid-Nite and Arthur's associate Jacob Finlay.
- ↑ This Silver Age version was the first 'revealed' version.
- ↑ This origin was revealed in Secret Origins, Vol. 2 #37 (February, 1989), which can be found at the DC Database.
- ↑ This was revealed during the Silver and Bronze Ages.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Justice League of America Vol 1, #61 (March 1968)
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Justice League of America, Vol. 1 #12 (June, 1962).