SuperFriends Team Member
|Real name:||El Dorado|
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
|El Dorado Gallery|
Background Information from Earth-1A
No true origin was given for El Dorado. He was knowledgeable about Pre-Columbian history (yet vague in his explanations). He also assisted the Super Friends whenever they were forced to enter unfamiliar ruins or areas in Latin America. He spoke broken English with an accent, sporadically substituting common Spanish words or phrases, such as adding words like "rapido" and replacing nearly every instance of "yes" with "si".
- Holographic Vision/Illusion Vision: Ability to cast illusions with his eyes
- Optic Force Blasts: Ability to shoot eye lasers
- Teleportation: Ability to teleport
- Telepathy: Ability to read minds
SuperFriends Team Members
- The Death of Superman - Cameo
- El Dorado was created solely for the Super Friends cartoons and has never appeared in a DC Comic.
- He first appeared as a minor character in the 1981 animated shorts, and later in SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show as a full-time member.
- He was from a non specified Latino nation was added as one of several attempts to encourage diversity among the characters.
- Like other ethnic characters added during this period, he was seen as somewhat stereotypical.
- El Dorado is the only one of the original characters created for the SuperFriends series not to have a Ultimen counterpart. The reason for this is unknown.
El Dorado is the name of a mythical City of Gold. Its legend dates back to the 1500's.
In other media
In "Werewolf vs. Unicorn", an episode of Robot Chicken, Superman hands over El Dorado to the government because of his status of being an illegal alien.
El Dorado was scheduled to be one of the few Hanna-Barbera original heroes (along with Black Vulcan and the Wonder Twins) to receive an action figure after Samurai. However, the Super Powers Collection line was cancelled before the figures could be made.