|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Etrigan the Demon|
|Abilities||various magical powers|
Etrigan is a demon superhero.
Etrigan was originally summoned by the wizard Merlin as part of a last-ditch defense of Camelot against the evil witch, Morgaine le Fay. When it became clear that the kingdom would fall regardless, Merlin sent the demon away and changed him into a human named Jason Blood to wait until he was summoned.
Centuries later, Jason Blood was called to the crypt of Merlin and discovered a poem that could change him into Etrigan. Unfortunately, he was followed by the long-lived Morgaine who lusts for Merlin's secrets. That led to Etrigan's first major battle, and to the solidification of Morgaine as a major enemy. In addition, he later gained another enemy in Klarion the Witch Boy, who creates trouble with his magic.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic BookEdit
On October 31, 1979, a man named Gordon Page attended a halloween party dressed up as Etrigan. When Felix Faust uses his magic on the party guests, he is unable to remove his Etrigan costume, and finds that he now has Etrigan's powers!
- Etrigan never appeared on the series. He only appeared in the comic book.
- Etrigan was created by prolific comic book writer-artist Jack Kirby in 1972 when his Fourth World titles were canceled.
- He first appeared in The Demon vol.1, #1 (August 1972)
- See the Etrigan disambiguation page at the DC Database
- See Etrigan at the Wikipedia.org
- See Jason Blood at the Cosmic Teams website
Appearances in Other MediaEdit