|Base||Phantom Zone (formerly Kryptonopolis)|
|Abilities||All the powers of Superman (if he is in a solar system with a yellow sun)|
|Played by||René Auberjonois|
Dru-Zod was a Silver Age character. He is portrayed as a megalomaniacal Kryptonian, in charge of the military forces on Krypton. He had known Jor-El, Superman's father, when he was an aspiring scientist. When the space program was abolished after the destruction of the inhabited moon Wegthor, which had been caused by renegade scientist Jax-Ur, he attempted to take over Krypton. Zod created an army of robotic duplicates of himself, all bearing a resemblance to Bizarro. He was sentenced to exile in the Phantom Zone for his crimes. Zod was eventually released by Superboy when his term of imprisonment was up. However, he attempted to conquer Earth with the super powers gained under the yellow Sun. Zod was sent back into the Phantom Zone, from which he occasionally escapes to target Superman. 
- General Zod first appeared in Adventure Comics vol.1, #283 (April 1961).
- He was created by Robert Bernstein and George Papp.
- Go to Wikipedia for more on General Zod
- See the Zod disambiguation page at the DC Database
- See General Zod at IMDb
- GeneralZod.net - a humor website featuring General Zod
- Alan Kistler's Profile On: ZOD! - Comic book historian Alan Kistler does an in-depth article reviewing the long history of Zod from 1961 all the way to 2005, going into detail on the various incarnations and changes in the character. Includes several artwork scans of the different versions of Zod and a discussion of the show Smallville.
Appearances in Other Media