This article is a stub.
|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real Name||Dorcas Leigh|
|Affiliation|| English socialite |
Dorcas Leigh is a beautiful English socialite with the power to control her hair's movement.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
In 1977, Dorcas' embarks on her mission. She was sent to assist Justice League member, the Elongated Man in dismantling a bomb near London. A few years later, during the summer of 1981, she helped Wonder Woman find the Queen Bee.
Around this time she is with the Global Guardians protecting Paris, France from an attacking force of Apellaxians. A nearby reporter states it is one of the largest alien groups spotted so far in the invasion.
Much later, in the mid 80's, along with other Global Guardians, she was brainwashed by the Bialyan, dictactor Queen Bee, who fools the team into thinking she was going to sponsor them as heroes. While brainwashed, she and her team help the Justice League Europe battle a giant alien robot. This, unknown to the heroes, was part of a plan to increase the Guardian's standing in the eyes of the public. The robot manages to tangle up Godiva's hair with an extending arm. Metamorpho, the rouge hero, shape-shifts into scissors and cuts the arm. Godiva stresses her hair is her life and to not approach her with scissors again.
Later, she and the Olympian, a future romantic interest, use her hair to help stop the now-damaged robot from falling on nearby people, who were too enthralled with the Guardians to notice the battle.
Powers and Ability
- Prehensile hair: her long-hair turns into wings and allows her to fly.
Super Friends comics (1976-1981):
- Godiva was originally introduced in the continuity of the SuperFriends Universe Earth-1A.
- She first appeared in the SuperFriends comic book series issue #7 (October 1977).
- She was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon, art by Bob Oksner and some lettered by Milt Snapinn.
- She was outside of standard Earth-One continuity at the time.