Legion of Doom Team Member
|Base:|| formerly, Gorilla City |
Hall of Doom
|Affiliations:||Legion of Doom|
|Voiced by:||Stanley Ralph Ross|
On the parallel-universe of Earth-One, little is know of Grodd's upbringing. We do know that he is a hyper-intelligent, telepathic gorilla.
As an adult, the tension between Solovar had become great. Solovar was the King and leader of this super-intelligent race of simians.
Shortly before Grodd was banished from Gorilla City, Solovar was captured by humans in Central City. He posed as an ordinary ape in order to keep Gorilla City a secret. Grodd followed him to Central City, because he believed that Solovar would be at his most vulnerable, and would be easily overtaken, so he could learn the secrets of Solovar's ability telepathically control the minds of others (force-of-mind powers). With this knowledge Grodd wanted to command the simian armies and take over the world. Grodd is able to steal the ability and return to Gorilla City.
The two travel to Africa where in Gorilla City, Grodd has just taken over the army. Flash manages to battle Grodd and by spinning around Grodd really fast, manages to knock Grodd out and remove the knowledge of force-of-mind from his memories. Flash then turns Grodd over to Solovar for punishment, and promises not to reveal the secret of Gorilla City.
This led to a rivalry between Grodd and the Flash, as well as an alliance between the Flash and Solovar.
Powers and Abilities
- Super Gorilla-Strength and Agility
- Enhanced Senses
- Genius-Level Intellect: has the knowledge of technology beyond the development of human civilization
- Telepathic and Telekinetic Abilities (not displayed in series)
Legion of Doom Team Members
|Members of the Legion of Doom|
|Lex Luthor • Brainiac • Black Manta • Cheetah • Sinestro • Gorilla Grodd • Captain Cold • Scarecrow • Toyman • Solomon Grundy • The Riddler • Giganta • Bizarro|
- Gorilla Grodd first appeared in Flash, Vol. 1 #106 (May, 1959).
- He was created by writer John Broome and artist Carmine Infantino.
- For more on Gorilla Grodd see article at Wikipedia
- See the Gorilla Grodd Disambiguation Page at DC Database
Appearances in Other Media