A power ring is a piece of jewelry that grants the wearer incredible and incomprehensible powers and abilities by harnessing willpower.
They are considered by some to be the most powerful weapons in the known universe. Depending on the skill and willpower of the wearer, it can do almost anything.
Types of power rings
- Green Lantern Ring: This power ring was a type of jewelry that was forged by the Guardians of the Universe. It's wearer was granted the wearer incredible powers. Each Green Lantern was part of the Green Lantern Corps and given a ring. It was necessary to protect a sector of the galaxy for these Intergalactic Space Patrolman. This jewelry allowed each Green Lantern to possess incredible energy manipulating abilities, which allowed them to construct objects out of green energy at will. Only the yellow impurity was the weakness of anyone who wielded a ring, as it had no effect on anything colored yellow. The first Green Lantern Ring on Earth (in the Earth-Two universe) was crafted and worn by Alan Scott and powered by the mystical Starheart. His ring proved to be the exception, as the more widespread version, powered by individual Green Lantern Power Batteries through a connection to the Central Power Battery on Oa.
- Yellow Lantern Ring
- Red Power Ring
Powers the Rings Could Project
- Green Rings Only: Unable to directly affect yellow
- Needs a re-charge every 24 hours
- The Power Ring first appeared in All-American Comics, #16 (July 1940).
- It was created by Bill Finger and Martin Nodell.
- Green Lantern Ring at the DC Database
- Green Lantern Ring at Wikipedia
- Power Ring at the DC Database
- Power Ring at Wikipedia
- ↑ As seen in the Superfriends Season 3 episode: Secret Origins of the Super Friends (October 28, 1978).
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on All-American Comics, #16 (July 1940).