This article is a stub.
|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real Name||Daniel Cormac|
|“||From an old legend, about a man who was neither good enough for heaven nor bad enough for the other place! So he wandered about between with a lantern!||”|
— Green Lantern asks Jack O’Lantern where he got the name.
Daniel Cormac of Ireland, who was born to a poor farmer who was granted a magic lantern by an Irish fairy. As an adult he takes on the identity of the costumed hero Jack O’Lantern. He becomes a member of the Global Guardians, the international group of superheroes.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
He is later seen as part of a group of heroes from Ireland and England trying to save the world.
When the United Nations decide to fund the Justice League International, the Global Guardians find themselves without financial support, and disband. Cormack subsequently joins Rumaan Harjavti's army in Bialya. After Harjavti is killed by the Queen Bee, Jack voluntarily joins forces with the villainess in taking over the world. He is left dying in a sewer after a battle with the Justice League. He is found alive by his girlfriend Owlwoman in when the two heroes are found by Doctor Mist.
Mystical Lantern provides:
- Flame Projection
- Illusion Casting
- Enhanced Strength
- Fog Creation
The lantern's powers wax and wane depending on the time of day, being weakest at noon and strongest at midnight.
Super Friends comics (1976-1981):
- Super Friends #8 (November, 1977)
- Super Friends #37 (October 1, 1980)
- Super Friends #40 (January 1, 1981)
- Super Friends #44 (May 1, 1981)
- The Jack O’Lantern was originally introduced in the continuity of the SuperFriends Universe Earth-1A.
- He first appeared in the SuperFriends comic book series issue #8 (November, 1977).
- He was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Ramona Fradon.
- He was outside of standard Earth-One continuity at the time.