Junior SuperFriends Team Member
|Relatives:|| Zan (twin brother) |
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
|Abilities:||Transforms into any animal|
|Voiced/Played:|| Louise Williams|
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
Zan and Jayna were born mutants on the planet Exxor. They are genetic throwbacks to an ancient race of Exxorian shapeshifters. While still infants, a great plague swept across Exxor killing hundreds, including their parents. The twins were raised in an interplanetary circus until such time that they came of age. While their they cared for Gleek. Soon they became frustrated with the enslaved life of a carnival performer, so they fled from Exxor and traveled to Earth where they eventually aided the Super Friends in battling the forces of Grax. Not long after the Wonder Twins first arrive on earth and help the Super Friends defeat Grax, their english is still not the greatest. The Super Friends ask Professor Nichols if he would allow them to stay with him so he could teach them how to adjust to their new life on earth. He accepts, and he becomes their mentor. Meanwhile, the Super Friends also assist in training them at the Hall of Justice.
- Unique Physiology: Her and her brother's physiology is unique, even to their species, as they are mutants. As such, they have abilities other Exxorians do not have, but these abilities can only be activated when they are touching each other. Usually they make physical contact by giving each other a fist bump.
- Metamorphosis: Jayna can shape-shift into any animal she can think of. If she can envision a specific animal, she can transform into it.
- Animal Mimicry: Any animal form Jayna takes, she also takes on its' abilities. This includes mythological animals and animals from her home world of Exxor. If she turns into a bird, she can fly, if she becomes an elephant, she acquires the strength of that animal.
- Size Alteration: Her size depends on what animal she transforms into. If she becomes a mouse, she is incredibly tiny, but if she turns into a whale, her size increases.
SuperFriends Team Members
- The character of Jayna was originally developed for the Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera animated series, the SuperFriends.
- Jayna was also featured in the SuperFriends comic book adaptation.
- Jayna's origin was revealed in Comic Book issue #14.
Appearances in Other Media
- See the Jayna disambiguation page at the DC Database
- The Wonder Twins at wikipedia.org
- The Wonder Twins at Seanbaby's SuperFriends Page
- ↑ Louise Williams provide the voice of Jayna in nearly all if not all of her appearances.
- ↑ Vera Miranda provided the voice of Jayna in the Portuguese dub of the Superfriends.
- ↑ As shown in Super Friends # 14
- ↑ As shown in the comic book Super Friends #10
- ↑ As shown in various issues of the Super Friends comics as well as the series.