|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real name:||Jean Loring Palmer|
|Universe:|| Earth-One |
|Relatives:||Ray Palmer (husband)|
In the parallel-universe of Earth-One, Jean Loring's career as an attorney in Ivy Town began at almost the same time that her boyfriend, Ray Palmer, became the Atom. Jean encountered the Atom who often helped in her cases many times before learning that he and Ray were the same person. Ray proposed to Jean often, but she rejected him, wanting to make it as a lawyer before becoming a wife. Only when Ray was thought killed in a car accident (engineered by the Bug-Eyed Bandit) did she accept his proposal.
On one occasion, Jean was abducted and driven insane by the sub-atomic Jimberen race. Although quickly freed from the Jimberen by the Atom and Hawkman. She remained this way for quite some time she until was cured by the equally insane alien Jest-Master.
Several years later, Jean was kidnapped by T.O. Morrow, Ray went into an interdimensional search to retrieve her, asking for help from Flash, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Captain Comet. This event would direly affect Jean, but it would also lead to their marriage.
Jean did not appear in any episodes of the Superfriends.
- Super Friends #6 (August 1977) – First and Only Appearance
- Jean Loring first appeared in Showcase, #34 (September–October 1961).
- She was created by Gardner Fox and Gil Kane.
- She was created the primary love interest for the Atom.
- ↑ As revealed in The Atom, #26 (August–September 1966).
- ↑ As revealed in Atom and Hawkman, #45 (October–November 1969).
- ↑ As revealed in Justice League of America, #81 (June 1970).
- ↑ As revealed in Super-Team Family, #11-14 (June 1977 - January 1978).
- ↑ As revealed in Justice League of America, #157 (August, 1978).