A legal system or justice system, is a system set up in just about every government there is. Laws are provided, so as to keep people from doing things that are unlawful, to protect the natives and the country itself. Someone who breaks the law is a criminal, someone who commits a crime.
Decisions regarding the legal system on the planet known as Krypton were made by the Science Council, which was a bureaucratic group that saw science and technology as an important part of their law-making decisions. One such law was that space travel and the construction of space vehicles were outlawed.
When talking about the mess that Doctor Gulliver caused and what he might do to clean it all up; in relation to the people that he had shrunk; he said that he should be able to come up with some way to fix what he had done, but Superman tells him that it's up to the court what he'll have to do.
Legislative and Judicial Bodies
- Kryptonian Science Council
- Metropolis City Council
- Interstellar Tribunal
- United States Congress
- Supreme Court of the United States
Law enforcement agencies
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Secret Department of Investigation
- Central City Police Department
- Gotham City Police Department
- Metropolis Police Department
- National Bureau of Investigation
- Smallville Police Department
- Pasadena Police Department
- London Metropolitan Police
- Ohio State Patrol
- ↑ As seen in The Androids (1973).
- ↑ As seen in the Superfriends season 1 episode The Planet-Splitter (1973).
- ↑ As seen in Gulliver's Gigantic Goof (1973).
- ↑ As seen in Doomsday.