Jor-El, one of the council's leading Astro-Scientists, tried to get the other council members support to build space arks to send all of Krypton's inhabitants to Earth, but his pleas fell on deaf ears, and they were outraged at the thought, since space travel was illegal on Krypton, because 20 years previously a group of rogue scientists led by Jax-Ur tried to exile the council in space.
Known Council members
- Jax-Ur: A rogue council member.
- Ka-Do: Ka-Do was the Drygur Molium, or leader of the council.
- Jor-El: He served as the Astro-Scientist of the council, until he was stripped of that position.
- Mia: She was a molium that sided with Jor-El until she was intimidated by Ka-Do.
- Lo-Di: Likewise, he was in support of Jor-El, until his fear caused him to step back from that position.
- Science Council member: A true bureaucrat, more concerned with the law then the lives of men.
- Bearded Council member: A completely incompetent man who refused to listen to Jor-El.
- Black-haired council member: This man went as far as laughing at Jor-El's idea that Krypton was doomed.
Other council members
This is a list of council members whose names were not revealed, had no dialogue nor is anything else known about them.
- Phantom Zone Projector: The council use the Phantom Zone Rays to teleport criminals to the Phantom Zone. Kal-El somehow acquired one such device after the planet exploded, keeping it in his Fortress of Solitude.
- The Kryptonian Science Council was created by Bill Finger and Wayne Boring; and they made their first appearance in Superman # 53 (August 1948).
- ↑ As seen in the S1 SF episode The Planet-Splitter (1973).
- ↑ For more information about that DC comic book, click here.