Legion of Doom Team Member
|Real name:||Lex Luthor|
|Relatives:|| Lionel Luthor (father)|
Lex Luthor, Jr.
|Base:|| Hall of Doom (mid 70's - 78')|
Luthor's Hidden Lair beneath Metropolis (1979)
'L' Island (1984)
LexCorp Tower (1988)
Luthor Mansion (1988)
|Affiliations:|| A.P.E. |
Legion of Doom
Secret Society of Super-Villains
|Voiced by:|| Stan Jones|
He did lab experiments in a shack. In his lab he had a shrine dedicated to Superboy. Superboy saw this shack and the shrine and decided to create a new lab for Lex. Lex was so grateful that he began to work on a Kryptonite antidote for Superboy. He had just perfected it when a fire broke out in the lab.
Superboy sees this and without checking inside uses his superbreath to blow out the fire. The vapors were blown onto Lex, causing his hair to fall out. This of course was an accident, but nevertheless, Luthor held a grudge against Superboy, and vowed that one day he would kill him.
In one of his earlier capers, Luthor uses a time machine to contact the wizard Merlin in the past, and he tricked him with supplying him with magic marbles. Luthor later poses as a famous professor and tricked Perry White and Jimmy Olsen into placing themselves into danger so he could zap Superman with his kryptonite laser. Superman however used a lead shield and captured Luthor. Luthor later teamed up with the Warlock, Toyman, and Prankster to form the Allied Perpetrators of Evil and try to kill Superman with another Kryptonite laser.
Luthor later captured Jimmy Olsen again as a trap for Superman. When he came Luthor and his henchmen opened fire on him with kryptonite ray guns and cause him to get covered in lead paint which enables him to defeat Luthor again. Luthor laters rejoins the Allied Perpetrators of Evil and tries to destroy this device which alerts people of crime. Lex later traps Jimmy using a Matter Transfer device. In the end he is once again defeated. Lex later kidnaps Jimmy again and places him inside of a blimp to distract Superman so he can shoot him with kryptonite fireworks. Luthor later kidnaps Lois and Jimmy and flies them to the moon where he aims a laser at Earh and threatened to destroy arctics white ice cap unless he ges control over the world. Superman arrived to the moon however and saved Lois and Jimmy. Lex escaped however and teamed up with Braniac kill Superman with kryptonite gas. Luthor later pretened to reform while secretly planning revenge on superman but in the end was defeated. Lex later tried to use these aliens which could destroy anything that they touched to detroy Superman. Superman proved to be resistant to there touch so Luthor tried to kill him with kryptonite which once again failed.
In the mid 70's Luthor would form the Supervillain team, the Legion of Doom. By 1979, the Legion had been disbanded. Luthor was doing time at the Metropolis State Prison. Sometime this year, Luthor broke out of prison with help of his sidekick Orville Gump.
By 1984, he was still in hiding. He built a suit which would allow him to fight the Superfriends face to face. At the same time he was collaborating with Darkseid to destroy the Superfriends. He captured a few of them and then revealed to have made a device which can steal the Superfriends powers and give to someone else. He then used it a gave the powers to himself and betrayed Darkseid. Unfortunately, he got their weaknesses too, which was used against him by Darkseid when he was exposed to kryptonite. Luckily he was able to use El Dorado's telepathic powers to give the Superfriends his suit which helps them to escape. Despite the fact that he helped them he still went to jail.
He later shrunk the Hall of Justice while the junior members were in it. Despite being Junior members they defeated Lex once more. Lex later discovered that this boy had all of this info on the Superfriends and stole and used it to trap them.
In 1985 Lex built a giant spider and battled the Super Powers Team but was defeated by Cyborg. He later escaped from prison, and the Justice League crime computer revealed that he was still at large.
By 1988, Lex Luthor is a reformed criminal in the public eye. He now operates his criminal career under a more secret and safe environment, under the protection of his business at LexCorp, and he is now highly respected, except by those who knew him well before, such as Superman and Lois Lane. Although disguised as a legitimate businessman, his main goal hasn't changed: to humiliate and destroy Superman.
Powers and Abilities
- Genius-Level Intellect
- Advanced Hand-to-Hand Combat
Being human / mortality
Legion of Doom Team Members
- Lex Luthor first appeared in Action Comics, Vol. 1 #23 (Apr. 1940).
- Lex Luthor was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- The Lex Luthor disambiguation page at DC Database
- For more on Lex Luthor see article at Wikipedia
- Lex Luthor chronology index at The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Lex Luthor biography at the Superman Homepage
- Lex Luthor at Supermanica
- Lex Luthor at The Justice League Watchtower
Appearances in Other Media
- ↑ The younger Lex Luthor in History of Doom was voiced by Michael Bell, who would later reprise the role of Lex in the 1988 Superman animated series.
- ↑ As seen in History of Doom.
- ↑ Explained in the season 3 (1978) episode: History of Doom
- ↑ In other media it's been further explained that the chemicals warped his mind, as Luthor becoming a villain because of his hair loss was derided as silly.
- ↑ As seen in season 3 (1978): The Challenge of the SuperFriends
- ↑ Depicted in the Season 4 (1979) episode: Lex Luthor Strikes Back
- ↑ As seen in season 5: The SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show (1984)
- ↑ As seen in The Seeds of Doom.
- ↑ As seen in The Wild Cards.
- ↑ This was shown to be the case in the first episode of the 1988 Superman animated series called Destroy the Defendroids.
- ↑ Go to DC Database for more on Action Comics. Vol. 1 #23 published in April 1940.