- Coming Soon!
- Created in 1942 by writer Otto Binder and Fawcett artists C. C. Beck, Mac Rayboy, Ed Herron and Marc Swayze.
- First joint-appearance of Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel, and Captain Marvel, Jr. in Captain Marvel Adventures vol.1, #18 (1942)
- Because Marvel Comics trademarked their own Captain Marvel comic book during the interim between the demise of the Fawcett Comics Captain Marvel comics in 1953 and DC's revival (acquired license and rights) in 1972, DC Comics is today unable to promote and market their Captain Marvel/Marvel Family properties under those names.[?]
- Fawcett sold DC the rights to the characters in 1980, by which time Shazam! had been canceled, and the Marvels had been relegated the back-up feature of World's Finest Comics, and, later, Adventure Comics.[?]
- In 1986 DC brought Captain Marvel back with their Legends miniseries, establishing him as a solo hero without a team.
- Writer/artist Jerry Ordway resurrected the Marvel Family in 1995 with his Power of Shazam! series, establishing the team as being made up solely of Captain Marvel, Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel, Jr.
- Publishing History:
- Fawcett Comics (1942-1953)
- DC Comics (1972-present)
- The Marvel Family Web by Walt Grogan
- Earth-S Marvel Family Index at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Marvel Family article at Wikipedia
- The Marvel Family at Don Markstein's Toonopedia™