|This article is a stub.|
You can help SuperFriends Wiki by expanding it.
We have prepared templates as a guide to page creation.
(This template will categorize articles that include it into the "stubs" category.)
|Mary McDonald Lewis|
Born: September 24, 1953
Birthplace: Stockton, California, U.S.A.
Years Active: 1983-Present
Agency: Sutton, Barth, & Vennari
Official Website: MaryMac.com
Mary McDonald-Lewis (September 24, 1953), is a American voice actor.
Mary has voiced numerous radio commercials. Her most memorable, is “Mary,” the voice of OnStar, General Motors’ navigation system, heard in millions of cars.
When she auditioned for the GI Joe series, she was originally auditioning for a smaller role, but voice director Wally Burr liked her 'grit', so he asked her to read for Lady Jaye instead. She said a big part of reading for Lady Jaye was shouting "Yo Joe!" into the microphone as loud as she could, and believes that she got the part because she wasn't afraid to give her all in her readings.
In 1990 she left LA and moved to Portland, Oregon, so she could pursue a master's degree in directing, from the University of Portland.
Since then she has been heavily in involved in local theater as director and actor.
She also serves on the board of the screen actors guild.
Voice on Super Friends
Notable Voiceover work
Notable animation voice credits include:
- Batman: The Animated Series (1992, Animated Series) as 'Maven' in "The Cat and the Claw," "Cat Scratch Fever"
- G.I. Joe (1983, Animated Series) as 'Lady Jaye'
- G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987, Animated Film) as 'Lady Jaye'
- Galtar and the Golden Lance (1985, Animated Series) as 'Princess Goleeta'
- Karate Kid, The (1989, Animated Series) (additional voices)
- Mask: The Animated Series, The (1995, Animated Series) as 'Mrs. Frances Forthwright'
Theatrical Works Includes
- Tom Stoppard's Arcadia
- David Ives' Land of Cockaigne
- Marsha Norman's The Holdup
- Neil Simons' Broadway Bound
- Richard Greenburg's The Author's Voice
Charitable Causes and Local Organizations
- Cascade Aids
- Habitat for Humanity
- Oregon Episcopal School
- Saturday Academy
- Mary McDonald Lewis at Voice Chasers
- Mary McDonald Lewis at the Internet Movie Database
- An interview with Mary MacDonald-Lewis at the Readers Theatre Digest