|Base:|| King Arthur's Court (Camelot)|
Valley of Time
Merlin had foretold that the King of Camelot would be able to remove Excalibur from the mystical stone. Arthur was the man that removed the sword from the stone, and he became the king of the British nation, and he gathered his Knights of the Round Table. Merlin served as the King's court magician.
In the 5th century, Merlin meets Isis, who has time traveled from the 20th century, and teams up with Super Samurai, Sinbad and Hercules (who are all also apparently from different time periods) who become the Freedom Force. The Freedom Force are headquartered at the Valley of Time, which exists in some ancient time frame in Africa.
Many years later, when a time traveling Superboy arrives in the 6th century, Merlin, now an old man, is jealous of Superboy's great powers. King Arthur even states that "His magic is greater than thine!" Driven by jealousy, Merlin and the Black Knight scheme up a plan to get revenge against Superboy. Meanwhile, King Arthur tells Superboy that if he has the strength to remove his sword from an anvil, then he will become the king. He easily removes the sword, but then Merlin uses his magic to remove the sword from Superboy's hand, and gives it to the Black Knight. Superboy humiliates the Knight and easily defeats him. King Arthur then tells the Knights to seize the Black Knight and Merlin, but Merlin uses his magic to teleport away.
In the 20th century, during the 1960s, Lex Luthor creates a time machine that he uses to communicate with Merlin in the past. He manages to get secrets from Merlin about his magic, to help him with his crimes. Luthor uses magic marbles to turn him into a child to fool Superman. Ultimately, Superman manages to capture Lex Luthor.
Merlin is the half-demon son of the demon Belial and an unknown human woman, and half-brother of the Demons Etrigan and Lord Scapegoat.
Powers and Abilities
Various Magical Powers:
The Freedom Force (1978)
The Adventures of Superboy (1966 – 1969):
The New Adventures of Superman (1966-1967)
- Merlin of Earth-Two made his first appearance in New Comics, Vol. 1 #3 (February 1936)
- Merlin is supposedly the fabled character from Arthurian folklore.
- ↑ This is conjecture based on the Earth-One version of the character.
- ↑ As established in the episode ???
- ↑ As seen in The Adventures of Superboy episode The Black Knight.
- ↑ This is conjecture based on the events that happened with the Earth-One version of the character.
- ↑ New Comics, Vol. 1 #3, (February 1936)
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on New Comics, Vol. 1 #3, published in February 1936.