Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nth metal (also called ninth metal) is a metal that is native to Thanagar, the home planet of Katar Hol and Shayera Hol. It was developed by Paran Katar, the father of the famous superhero known as Hawkman. Hawkman and Hawkgirl's wings and belts are made of Nth metal, which can allow them to fly even into outer space.
The Mystical Properties of Nth metal:
- The ability to negate gravity, allowing a person wearing an object made of Nth Metal to fly
- Protects the wearer from the elements, including the vacuum of outer space
- Speeds the healing of wounds
- Increases their strength
- Protects wearer from extreme temperatures
- Used as shielding around the engines of all Thanagarian Warbird ships
The first appearance of Nth Metal was in Showcase, Vol. 1 #34 (October, 1961).