|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real name:|| Lillian (Lilly) Rose|
Pamela Lillian Isley (retconned)
|Affiliations:|| Super Foes|
League of Evil
While attending college in Seattle she becomes a promising botanist. She falls in love with one of her teachers, Marc LeGrande who persuades her into assisting him with the theft of an Egyptian artifact containing ancient herbs. Fearing she would implicate him in the theft, he betrays her and attempts to poison her with the herbs - which are deadly and untraceable. She survives this murder attempt and discovers she has acquired an immunity to all natural toxins and diseases. Born in Washington, she is the daughter of a wealthy family. She attended college in Seattle, where she studied botany.
Turning to crime, Lillian adopted the alias of Poison Ivy and appeared in public for the first time in Gotham City in order to challenge the most renowned criminals for the title of Public Enemy No. 1.
Powers and Abilities
- Poison Ivy first appeared in Batman, Vol. 1 #181 (June, 1966). (June 1966).
- ↑ Lillian Rose was Posion Ivy's original name as conceived by Gerry Conway in the pages of World's Finest, Vol. 1 #252 (September 1978) before she was retconned by Neil Gaiman in Secret Origins, Vol. 2 #36 (January, 1989). Go to the DC Database for more on World's Finest, Vol. 1 #252 (September 1978) and Secret Origins, Vol. 2 #36 (January, 1989).
- ↑ The DC Database states that the FBI wrongly recorded Poison Ivy's name as Lillian Rose. This is probably because in her prior appearances she had been called, Pamela Isley.[?]
- ↑ As revealed in World's Finest, Vol. 1 #252 (September 1978).
- ↑ As revealed in Batman, Vol. 1 #181 (June, 1966).
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Batman, Vol. 1 #181 (June, 1966).