Part-Time SuperFriends Team Member
|Rima the Jungle Girl|
|AKA:||The Daughter of the Didi|
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
|Abilities:||communicates with animals|
|Voiced/Played:|| Shannon Farnon (Season 2)|
Kathy Garver (1980 Short)[?]
Natives avoided her forest, calling her "the Daughter of the Didi" (an evil spirit), but Rima's only defense is a reputation for magic, earned through the display of strange talents such as talking to birds, befriending animals, and plucking poison darts from the air.
Powers and Abilities
- Animal Empathy: She has the ability to understand and communicate with animals.
- Advanced Hand-to-Hand combat
- Wilderness Survival
- Zoology: She has an extensive knowledge of animal habitats and jungle lore, despite never receiving the education in school.
- Athletic Body: Although she plays no professional sports, she has an athletic body. She possesses the strength level of a woman her age, size and weight who engages in intensive regular exercise.
- Rima sprang from a Victorian adventure novel, 'Green Mansions: A Romance of the Tropical Forest', published in 1904 by the Argentine-British writer W. H. Hudson. He based Rima on a persistent South American legend about a lost tribe of white people who lived in the mountains. The novel was adapted into a film of the same name in 1959 in which actress Audrey Hepburn portrayed her. The film also starred Anthony Perkins and was directed by Mel Ferrer.
- Rima first appeared in comic book form in Rima the Jungle Girl vol.1, #1 (May 1974).
- The series was a short-lived seven-issue comic book series Rima the Jungle Girl, published by DC Comics from May 1974 to May 1975.Which was an adaptation of the original novel until issue #4, then became original stories, picking up where the film left off..
- Rima the Jungle Girl is published on a bi-monthly basis.
- It was adapted by an uncredited writer. Starting with issue #5, DC writer-editor Robert Kanigher is given credit.
- Rima is not intended to be a Tarzan type character, rather she was intended to be portrayed as:
- goddess of the forest
- preserver of the forest
- preserver of the animals
SuperFriends Team Members
|Members of the Justice League of America|
- See Rima the Jungle Girl at wikipedia.org
- See Rima the Jungle Girl vol.1(May 1974 - May 1975) at DC Database
- See Rima at Public Domain Super Heroes
- ↑ Based on her 7-part comic book series, Rima the Jungle Girl, Vol. 1 (May 1974 - May 1975) which can be found at the DC Database .
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Rima the Jungle Girl vol.1, #1 (May 1974)
- ↑ As revealed in the 7-part comic book series, Rima the Jungle Girl, Vol. 1 (May 1974 - May 1975).
- ↑ From the DVD commentary on Season 2 vol. 1.