Legion of Doom Team Member
|Base:||Hall of Doom|
|Affiliations:|| League of Evil|
Legion of Doom
former member of the
Green Lantern Corps
|Rogue of:||Green Lantern|
|Weaponry:||Yellow Power Ring|
|Played by:|| Vic Perrin (1st 3 episodes)|
Sinestro was born on the planet Korugar. He grew up in a very rough neighborhood. Eventually he becomes one of the greatest Intergalactic Space Patrolman in the entire Green Lantern Corps. He was well respected by the Guardians of the Universe, until one day he abused his power and he was thrown out of the Corps. He was stripped of his power ring. But Sinestro traveled to the Antimatter Universe where he visited the planet Qward. It was there that he found his Qwardian Power Ring, which had yellow energy rather than green, and proved to be an effective weapon against the Green Lantern Corps due to their ring's weakness to the color yellow. Sinestro eventually joins the Legion of Doom and time and time again tries to get revenge on Green Lantern and destroy him and the rest of the Superfriends.
As punishment, the Guardians of the Universe stripped him of his membership in the Green Lantern Corps and banished him to Qward in the antimatter universe. There he befriended a race of aliens called the Weaponers who made him a ring like the one he wore as a Green Lantern, which projected a yellow beam instead of green.
When the entire population of Valedale Tennessee suddenly vanishes, the Guardians summon Hal Jordan the Green Lantern of Earth and tell him of Sinestro. Hal flies to the next city which is targeted by Sinestro and makes them all invisible; so only he is transported to Qward. There he battles the Qwardian Weaponers. He surrenders when Sinestero promises to return the people of Valedale. In doing so, Hal is encased in a yellow bubble, until they believe his ring is out of power. However, when they release Hal they are shocked to find he still has power in his ring and amazingly defeats them all.
He then imprisons Sinestro in a force bubble of his own before returning to Earth.
Powers and Abilities
Legion of Doom Team Members
- Sinestro's first appearance was in Green Lantern, Vol. 2 #7 (August, 1961)
- Sinestro was created by John Broome and Gil Kane.
- ↑ As told in The Roast.
- ↑ The Silver Age (pre-crisis / Earth-One) continuity of Sinestro's origin is significantly different than the Modern Age (post-crisis / New Earth) continuity. In the Silver-Age continuity, he was still a former Green Lantern, but he wouldn't meet Hal Jordan until after going renegade, and they would become instant arch-enemies. Sinestro being Hal's mentor was a retcon established in the mini-series, Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn (December 1989 - May 1990).
- ↑ The Weaponers of Qward are a society of smiths and engineers that comprise a large population of the native Qwardian race.
- ↑ Continuity from the Silver Age version of the character.
- ↑ As seen in the Legends of the Superheroes episode The Challenge.
- ↑ Go to DC Database for more on Green Lantern, Vol. 2 #7 (August, 1961).