Powers and Abilities
- Tamaranean Physiology
- Energy Absorption: She can also absorb the ultraviolet radiation from other life forms.
- Starbolts: The solar absorption experiments performed on her by the alien Psions granted her the amazing power and ability to channel and project that same energy into destructive blasts called "starbolts". Starfire also has the power and ability to unleash all her stored energy into a pseudo nova blast. It is suggested to be as hot as the sun itself and so only uses this in dire situations.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Linguistic Assimilation: She is also capable of assimilating other languages through physical contact with another person. She learned English by kissing Dick Grayson.
On Earth-One, Starfire was a superhero who before joining the Teen Titans, she was the princess of the planet Tamaran, one of many worlds located in the Vegan solar system. Princess Koriand'r had a sister named Komand'r (aka Blackfire). She was jealous of the fact that her sister was heir to the throne, since she had the power to fly, but Komand'r did not. Eventually Blackfire betrays her planet by joining with the Citadel, sworn enemies of the Tamaranian people. Koriand'r is then enslaved by the Citadel, and Blackfire is her master. But before long both sisters are captured by alien scientists known as the Psions, who conduct scientific experiments on them which give them their powers. Koriand'r eventually escapes and ends up on earth, where she meets the Titans, and she eventually joins the team.
Starfire made her first appearance in DC Comics Presents, vol.1 #26 (October 1980) (October 1980).
- ↑ This is conjecture based upon the comics.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on DC Comics Presents, vol.1 #26