|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real Name||Kara Zor-El|
|AKA||Linda Lee Danvers|
|Hair Color|| Blonde (as Supergirl)|
Brown (as Linda)
|Relatives|| Zor-El (father)|
|Abilities||see Superman's powers|
on the parallel-universe of Earth-One, Kara Zor-El was the last survivor of Argo City of the planet Krypton, which had survived the explosion of the planet and had drifted through space. When the inhabitants of the colony are slain by Kryptonite, Kara is sent to Earth by her father Zor-El to be raised by her cousin Kal-El, known as Superman. Fearing that she might not be recognized by Superman, Kara's parents provide a costume based on the Man of Steel's own.
On Earth, Kara acquires super-powers identical to Superman's and adopts the secret identity of Linda Lee, an orphan at Midvale Orphanage. She conceals her blonde hair beneath a brunette wig and functions as Supergirl only in secret, at Superman's request, until she can gain (in his opinion) sufficient control of her powers. After being adopted by Fred and Edna Danvers, Superman decides his cousin is ready to begin operating openly as Supergirl.
In her secret identity, Linda attends Midvale High School as Linda Lee Danvers. In later years, after graduating from Stanhope College, she changes careers several times, holding jobs in student counseling, news reporting, and acting in a TV soap opera titled Secret Hearts. She also attends college in Chicago.In the year 1985,Supergirl went on a mission to save Earth,and gave her life to save it.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology
- Energy Absorption: Thanks to Earth's yellow Sun and weak gravity Supergirl posses the following powers:
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Heightened senses
- Various vision based powers
- Although Supergirl is invulnerable to nearly everything, under the yellow Sun, Kryptonite is the one substance that can destroy her.
- Magic: Many forms of magic can also hurt Supergirl, since those forms of magic are as powerful or more powerful than she is.
- Red Solar Energy: Also, if Supergirl was to travel to an alien world with a red Sun, she would lose her powers, and therefore be as vulnerable as any other human. Red solar radiation can be synthesized as well.
SuperFriends Team Members
- Supergirl never appeared on the series. She only appeared in the comic book.
- Supergirl was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino.
- She first appeared as:
- See Supergirl Earth-One at the DC Database
- See Supergirl at the Wikipedia.org
- Superman Family - A 1970s anthology comic of Superman's supporting cast which continued Supergirl's stories after her 1970s solo series was canceled.
- Superman Homepage - Supergirl Special Report
- Supermanica: Supergirl - Supermanica entry on the Pre-Crisis Supergirl
Appearances in Other Media