The title or other information in this article is conjectural.
This page uses the Creative Commons License for content originally from an article that was at Wikipedia.
The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
You can help SuperFriends Wiki by expanding it.
(This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Other Websites & Category:Article Request.)
The Freedom Force is a 1978 animated television series produced by Filmation and aired on CBS as a segment of Tarzan and the Super 7. It showcased a superhero team gathered by the heroine Isis from around the world to help fight evil. Isis had previously appeared in the live-action television series, The Secrets of Isis, although the actress who portrayed her, Joanna Cameron, did not reprise the role for the cartoon.
Only five episodes of the series were produced.
- The Dragon Riders - The Freedom Force must end a war between two tribes who dogfight in the air
- The Scarlet Samurai - Toshi's new friend is jealous of his powers, and an evil wizard plans to exploit this for revenge
- The Plant Soldiers - Isis is kidnapped and captured by an evil wizard who now controls the Nile, and Hercules must rescue her and stop the wizard's magical army of walking soldiers
- Pegasus' Odyssey - Pegasus is captured by an evil sorceress out to seek revenge on Hercules
- The Robot - An inventor's mechanical giant is out to prove itself more powerful than the Freedom Force
BCI Eclipse LLC (under license from Entertainment Rights) released all 7 episodes of Freedom Force on DVD in Region 1 on August 22, 2006, along with all 13 episodes of Space Sentine, an earlier series that featured several of the same characters. The digitally-remastered presentation features scripts and Spanish language tracks for all 5 episodes, a gallery featuring original images, early presentation images, trivia and interviews with creators Lou Scheimer, Buzz Dixon, Darrell McNeil, Michael Reaves, Robert Kline and David Wise, as well as numerous special features related to Space Sentinels and Filmation in general.
In addition, a single episode, "The Plant Soldiers", was included as a bonus feature on the DVD release of the live-action The Secrets of Isis series.