However it is later revealed in the Hall of Justice by the TroubAlert that the diamond was indeed stolen. Superman, Batman and Robin go to investigate, and one of the security guard's reassured the Super Friends there must have been some sort of mistake, but Batman tells him that the TroubAlert makes no mistakes. They asked if anything suspicious had happened, and he admitted that there was some sort of unexplained light shining on the diamond, and at first they thought it disappeared, but it wasn't gone. But immediately Superman is able to tell that the diamond now in the case was a fake.
Back at the Hall of Justice, Colonel Wilcox is talking to the Super Friends over the Justice League Monitor. He tells them basically what they already know, that the real Star of Persia was stolen, and replaced by a relatively worthless zircon. He asks if they have any clues to its' disappearance. Batman tells him the only thing they know, is that a red light was shining on the diamond when it was replaced by the zircon.
Continuity in Other Media
- County Museum of Art
- Cygnus Magnum star system
- Bank of London (in London, England)
- Cairo, Egypt
- Sahara Desert
- Galaxy Communications
- Blinken and Bristol Circus
- Dr. LeBon's Galaxy observatory
- Robin's origin is spoken of for the first time (being a circus trapeze artist, his parent’s getting killed and Batman taking him in).
- Three famous Superman and Batman villains from the comics are referenced in this episode, but not shown, they are: Jax-Ur, Morgan Edge and Tony Zucco.
- Edge's company Galaxy Communications is referenced, making it only an indirect reference.
- Zucco is also indirectly referenced when Robin mentions how his parents were killed.
- Dick Grayson's parents, John and Mary Grayson are referenced in this episode, although not by name. The parents of both Superman and Robin are seen and/or referenced in this episode, as Robin's parents are mentioned, and Superman's parents are seen, both his biological parents and his foster parents.
- References: Security guard # 1, security guard # 2, precious stones, Persia, cushion, investigate,
- "Zonkers!" --- Marvin White
- "Holy high pitched noises, Batman! --- Robin
- "Holy supernovas! --- Robin
Gulliver's Gigantic Goof
|Season 1: SuperFriends (1973)|
- ↑ Referenced only, not shown.