- You may be looking for Winslow Schott, the first Toyman.
Legion of Doom Team Member
|Real name:||Jack Nimball|
|Base:||Hall of Doom|
|Affiliations:||The Legion of Doom|
|Voiced by:||Frank Welker|
During the 1970s, Nimball assumed the identity of Toyman during the period in which Schott retired from his criminal career. Nimball, wore a jester costume and used a similar modus operandi to Schott's Toyman.
Unfortunately, this version of Toyman proved short-lived. In November 1976, Jack Nimball is murdered by Winslow Schott. After killing Nimball, Schott resumes his crime career as the Toyman.
The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show (1979-1981)
A similar rendition of the Toyman appears a few years later in an episode of The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show, simply titled "Toyman." He is still dressed like a jester, but this time his costume is now red, green, and yellow, and he has a wind up spring on his back. It's possible that this version of Toyman is just an android created by Jack Nimball.
- Destructive Toys: The Toyman posses a mechanical genius which is manifested in the form of many violent, destructive, and dangerous toys
Being human / mortality
Legion of Doom Team Members
- Jack Nimball first appeared in Action Comics, Vol. 1 #432 (February 1974).
- He was created by writers, Cary Bates and penciler Curt Swan.
- On The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show, he was voiced by Alan Oppenheimer.
- The version of the Toyman who appears in Challenge of the SuperFriends (1978) was based on Jack Nimball.
- For more on the Toyman see article at Wikipedia
- For more on the Earth-One version of the Toyman go to the DC Database.
Winslow Schott - the original Toyman
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Superman, Vol. 1 #305 (November 1976).
- ↑ The reason that this version of Toyman is relevant is because this show is believed to share canon with the SuperFriends. Meaning that this version may be part of the Earth-1A universe.
- ↑ Go to the DC Database for more on Action Comics, Vol. 1 #432 (February, 1974).