This article is a stub.
|SuperFriends Comic Book Character|
|Real Name||Albrecht von Mannheim|
Albrecht von Mannheim is a re-incarnation of a Germanic warrior, who is allied by his horse, Orkan and his hound Donnerschlag. As an adult, he would join the international group of superheroes the Global Guardians.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
On the parallel-universe of the New Earth, as Wild Huntsman and a member of the Global Guardians, he was brainwashed by the Queen Bee of Bialya. He and his allies Rising Sun and Tuatara each attack a separate New Nazi stronghold. The Hunstman and his animals personally destroy a facility belonging to the Aryan Nation. He confronts the Justice League members Animal Man and Captain Atom. They are soon defeated and falls into a coma along with his animals. They are taken care of at a medical facility inside the prison of Belle Reve in the United States.
At a signal from the Queen Bee, he and his animals awaken, bust open a wall and escape. He returns to Biayla and is duly brainwashed into the Queen Bee's goals. When questioned why she did not keep the Hunstmen and the others in Bialya, the Queen Bee indicates she would rather other countries pay for the care of the heroes.
A few years later, the Huntsman disappears while in battle with Fain Y'onia.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: due to his dense muscle tissue
- Arsenal of Magic Weapons
- Orkan: Orkan is the Wild Huntsman's steed and his main source of transportation.
Super Friends comics (1976-1981):
- The Wild Huntsman was originally introduced in the continuity of the SuperFriends Universe Earth-1A.
- He first appeared in the SuperFriends comic book series issue #45 (June, 1981).
- He was created by E. Nelson Bridwell and Romeo Tanghal.
- He was outside of standard Earth-One continuity at the time.