Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Wonder Twin powers...activate!||”|
— The Wonder Twins
The Wonder Twins are Zan and Jayna. They are both members of the Junior SuperFriends. They have super powers, but they can only activate them when they touch. Zan has the ability to morph into any form of water, while Jayna can transform into any animal.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
Zan and Jayna were born mutants on the planet Exxor. Each of them gifted with a specified aspect of shape shifting. While still infants, a great plague swept across Exxor killing hundreds, including their parents. The twins were raised in an interplanetary circus until such time that they came of age. While there they cared for Gleek. Soon they became frustrated with the enslaved life of a carnival performer, so they fled from Exxor and traveled to Earth where they eventually aided the Super Friends in battling the forces of Grax. Not long after the Wonder Twins first arrive on earth and help the Super Friends defeat Grax, their english is still not the greatest. The Super Friends ask Professor Nichols if he would allow them to stay with him so he could teach them how to adjust to their new life on earth. He accepts, and he becomes their mentor. Meanwhile, the Super Friends also assist in training them at the Hall of Justice.
The Wonder Twins and Their Mascot
- Some people believe that the Wonder Twins are responsible for originating the ultra-hip "fist bump" maneuver with their "wonder Twin powers, activate!" transformation maneuver.
- The Wonder Twins made their first appearance in Super Friends # 7. Although they were created for the series, their first appearance was in the comic book.
- In the episode "Universe of Evil", the Wonder Twins' counterparts (from the Super Enemies) appear on screen but don't have any dialogue (they are only seen in shadow, in the darkened Hall of Evil). Evil Gleek does, however, have a starring role in the episode.
- The Wonder Twins at Wikipedia
- The Wonder Twins at the DC Database
- The Wonder Twins debut on Smallville