Junior SuperFriends Team Member
|AKA:|| John Flemming |
|Relatives:|| Jayna (twin sister) |
|Base:||Hall of Justice|
|Affiliations:|| Super Friends |
|Abilities:||transform into any form of water|
|Voiced by:||Michael Bell|
Zan is one of the Wonder Twins, and a member of the Justice League of America. His twin sister is fellow team member Jayna. Their pet monkey is Gleek. Like Marvin, Wendy and Wonder Dog that came before them, Zan, Jayna and Gleek are considered Junior SuperFriends.
Continuity from SuperFriends Comic Book
Zan and his sister Jayna were born mutants on the planet Exxor. They are genetic throwbacks to an ancient race of Exxorian shapeshifters While still infants, a great plague swept across Exxor killing hundreds, including their parents. The twins were raised in an interplanetary circus until such time that they came of age. While their they cared for Gleek. Soon they became frustrated with the enslaved life of a carnival performer, so they fled from Exxor and traveled to Earth where they eventually aided the Super Friends in battling the forces of Grax. Not long after the Wonder Twins first arrive on earth and help the Super Friends defeat Grax, their english is still not the greatest. The Super Friends ask Professor Nichols if he would allow them to stay with him so he could teach them how to adjust to their new life on earth. He accepts, and he becomes their mentor. Meanwhile, the Super Friends also assist in training them at the Hall of Justice.
- Hydrokinesis: Zan possesses the ability to alter his biological structure to take on the form of water in any physical state: liquid, vapor, or ice. He can also combine himself with pre-existent water to have temporary mass increase.
- Aerokinesis: In the Super Friends, both the televised series and comic book adaptation, Zan demonstrated an added ability to transform into localized bodies of air - usually taking the form a of a tornado or a hurricane. In the television series, Zan has also been shown to transform into extremely localized weather patterns involving water, such as a blizzard or a typhoon.
- Shapeshifting: Zan can become ice objects.
- Size Alteration: Once Zan became a ice giant.
SuperFriends Team Members
- The character of Zan was originally developed for the Saturday morning Hanna-Barbera animated series, the SuperFriends.
- Zan was also featured in the SuperFriends comic book adaptation.
- Zan's origin was revealed in Comic Book issue #14.
Appearances in Other Media
- See the Zan disambiguation page at the DC Database
- The Wonder Twins at wikipedia.org
- The Wonder Twins at Seanbaby's SuperFriends Page
- ↑ Although Zan is only what you'd call a "Limited shape-shifter", as he can only turn into any form of water. This is more than one form though, so it's definitely considered shapeshifting rather than Transformation, but it's the most limited form of it.
- ↑ As shown in Super Friends #14
- ↑ As shown in the comic book Super Friends #10
- ↑ As shown in various issues of the Super Friends comics as well as the series.